Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh, the anxiety...

Hey all! Just wanted to update everyone that I heard from the Fairfax City Police Department yesterday and things are moving forward with my application. My references were returned more quickly than they are used to and they are going to be calling my office today or tomorrow to get a reference from my supervisor. Hence my anxiety attack- I had to go tell her that I applied somewhere else and that they would be calling. She didn't look impressed, but I don't really care... I mean, I care, because that is how I am, but this other job is SO much better for me! (Please just pray for me that the vacation time is good, or I'll be wicked stressed next year when I need to take two weeks off for the wedding and honeymoon! That's the one downfall for the new job compared to the old one.)

In wedding news, I am getting a lot decided and I've collected a bunch of great ideas, but I'm taking a vacation from it all this next week when Casey and I go to Myrtle Beach. Oh how I need a vacation! A real one that is- the short trips to Vermont are lovely, but often exhausting, so a week long stay at the beach should do me much good! I'll post pictures when I return.

I am glad Karen has finally made it to our wonderful blog and I look forward to hearing about her exciting life- although she may not find it exciting, it is very different from mine, and therefore I find it exciting and fun and interesting to hear about-- which I guess holds true for the rest of your lives too! It can get lonely being far away from everyone and I think this has been a great way to move past that and be in touch with each other. So, love to all! :)

No comments: