Monday, August 13, 2007

The White Mountains




I don't have any photos to add for the White Mountains but yesterday Mike and I went for a ride around the Kangamangus Highway to celebrate 25 years of being married. For those of you who have never heard me joke, I've been married 25 years and happily married 17....The last few have been (mostly) wonderful!


We both had things to do yesterday morning so we left after lunch and had a lovely ride except for when we got to North Conway and I mentioned that Karen was there, we took a road that came to a place that said "authorized vehicles only" to try to get to Cranmore Mountain Ski Area. I drove up the road and Mike got madder and madder at me. Wrong road.


We finally did find Karen and Circus Smirkus at the base of Mount Cranmore. You should have seen her face when she turned the corner and saw HER PARENTS! She was happy to see us though.


This photo is not from North Conway but from Brattleboro, VT (early July) I wanted to post a circus photo. This is Karen at work in the Concessions tent during "load in" when they set up.
After we left Karen we stopped and had dinner and then drove home again. During the day we reminisced about Loon Mountain and the infamous Dairy Queen creemee experience. Tomorrow is the big day but yesterday we celebrated by simply spending a Sunday afternoon together. How much more could I ask for?
(Christie--I know the lopsided positioning of the photo may make you crazy but I couldn't figure it out.........)

5 comments:

Christie said...

Mom, you are supposed to write with purple! Haha, love ya! :)

Beth said...

oops, I forgot to make mine the right color too! Newbee...!

Beth said...

See, that's one advantage to riding on separate rigs....no opportunity to fight about directions!

Poopsie said...

I thought it was shocking pink. :)

This is kind of fun...

By the way I love the photo of Karen. One of my favorite pics of DJ has a similar look, maybe I will post it, and so you can see. :)

As for the directions, it drives Darrell nuts, too. :) But, I think about our ride to CT for the first shopping weekend. It was an adventure, we got lost, but had fun. :) You see more of the world with a wrong turn, as long as there is no maniac at the other end of the road, you're all set. :)

Christie said...

Ohhh, maybe you are right, she changed to Shocking Pink didn't she?! My bad! :)