Monday, October 22, 2007

=(

SOOO..... school is rather difficult at this time. My lip ring is not tolerated in Cosmo, but I don't want to take it out. Mike didn't pay forty dollars for me to have it for a week. He told me to just suck it up and take it out or drop cosmetology. I don't want to take it out though, and I don't really need to be at hair school anyways... I'm not going to have a career in it, and there fore being there is sort of a waste of time. yeah, it is fun, and I do like learning it, but wheres that going to get me in the years that follow? no where, unless someone needs a haircut. If I dropped cosmo, I could pick up some art classes or something for the morning to waste the time before English, because there is no point in going to school for an hour for english. Mike said stop taking my english and cosmo, and take a class at Lebanon College to get my English credit, and work full time and my job. But then I would miss out on my senior year, and dissappoint alot of people. So this is just some crap that I'm in right now... I have alot to think about and mike says I need to make myself happy not everyone else, but he knows just as well as I do that I care to much about everyones opinion to do that. Some of my friends think its stupid to leave cosmo just because I want a lip ring. It's not so much about the lip ring as it is about my personal style and what makes me...welll...mee.... I want to express who I am as a person, things I believe in and things I like and want to look like... So this whole thing is just a big load of crap and I'm stuck on what to do....so I just wanted to vent a little to the fam...






Maybe I will be a "beauty school drop out"

4 comments:

Poopsie said...

Okay, Sweetie,
You are going to need to think about this for a bit.
Think long term...
What are you gong to do when the police force asks you to conform to their standards?
I know how hard it is when you are in the midst of make decisions, and trying to decide what is right for yourself. But, I wonder, did you know the rules before you got the piercing? (By the way, I did not find it offensive. I didn't even notice it at first)
If you did, then you should probably suck up, and hang in there. You could have waited the 6 months or so until school is out. If not, then stand your ground and see where it leads you.
In either case, I will still love you for who you are!

Nathan said...

i have something to add to that. the police force is pretty much like the military. so the faddish styles( body piercings, wild hair cuts, and colorful make up just wont fly in regular police work. i mean, you might get the job you wanted where they dont really care, but almost all law enforcement and government jobs have stict standards you must follow when on duty. just a little thing to think about.

Christie said...

This may sound lame, but I would make a list of the pros and cons of each thing- including how your decision to quit the class, or not, will effect your future. Like Nate said, depending on what you plan to do in criminal justice, the totally-you style you have right now won't be accepted... unfortunate, but true. We all love you and who you are, but this time it's about making a decision about what you want to do- both in this situation and in your life in general. Oooo, you're a big girl now! :) Love ya!

Jenn said...

Well, today Mr. T told me that "I better return to my home school and figure out what I can do for the rest of my senior year"....