Tuesday, October 9, 2007

OH, SH--

So, I went to work this morning, 15 minutes late. I left my badge and key at home, and the cat dumped over the clean classroom dishes (I wash them at home.), breaking two of the coffee cups. Then, when I got into the building, I observed there was a leak in what appeared to be a water faucet. It was dripping down my parent board. UGH! I had to kneel in the puddle to attempt to find the extra key, which wasn't there. I am getting a bit frustrated... Finally as I begin to clear the parent board, Terry (my supervisor)arrives, thankfully she was later than me. She told me where the new hiding spot is for the key, a bit late don't you think? :) We go into the classroom, which has two pizza size puddles on the floor, one in the library, wetting the rug, and one on the floor by the easel. Okay, we can deal with this, I think...
NOT! As I begin to move furniture and mop the floor, I realize that the drip is not coming from the water pipe, but the drainage pipe. Drainage as in toilet! YUCK YUCK YUCK! Before long the maintenance guy shows up and confirms my fear. Sure enough, there is not just a leak, but the pipe into the sewer line is clogged so bad that they can't snake it. By the time I left, I had been dripped on while moving furniture, and there was a huge pond in both the hall and the classroom. It was disgusting! Apparently the entire four floors drains down into these pipes, and I was covered in , well sh--.
The plus side, I came home, read some nice emails, and got some schoolwork done. :) Oh, yeah, and I took a shower!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Nothing like getting poop water dripped on you in the morning!! Sorry that happened!

Beth said...

It's always nice to be able to leave work early, but the ride home must have been LONG!