Monday, April 21, 2008

Chaos in VA.

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been blogging much... or at all really. Life is a little hectic right now, as you all can probably imagine, with the wedding planning and getting ready to move. This craziness is evident in the picture below- which are what you see when you walk through the front door of our apartment right now. It's a little overwhelming at the moment, but I'm excited to get everything packed up and into our new place. I can't wait until after Thursday when I can share photos of our new place and painting and such, but I thought I'd check in and give an example of why I haven't been able to get myself on here to blog! I miss everyone lots and CANNOT WAIT to be home Memorial Day weekend. I'll post more later after we've moved and settled in a bit. I can't wait for that either!


And also, if those of you who feel comfortable doing so could send up prayers regarding the following, that would be wonderful. My friend Stephanie's Aunt Beth (and guess what? Her husbands name is- you guessed it- Jim), who has never really had health problems, suddenly started having headaches and was getting nauseous a few weeks ago and finally went to the hospital. Well, she ended up needing several surgeries on her brain and is now on life support. I don't know a lot of details, but I guess they (the doctors) aren't really sure what is going on and they have been going back and forth on taking her off life support. Please just pray for peace and for courage for Stephanie and her family as they go through this tough and scary time. I'm also praying for a miracle recovery, but because that is probably unlikely, I just pray that they will know that what happens is supposed to happen and to feel grateful for the time they had with her. Although I know what it feels like to lose an aunt, I can't imagine having something come up so suddenly and be so drastic.

Since that is really sad, I'll share something cute- a picture of Stephanie's kitty Rufio, who we kitty-sat last weekend while she spent time at the hospital. Rufio is named after the skunky-haired kid in Hook, for those of you who have seen it. He hisses at everything even though he's not really mad. And because I love Casey, I didn't warn him that Rufio likes to get in the shower with you and therefore Casey didn't shut the bathroom door and Rufio tried to jump in while Casey was showering. Ha! My lady kitties enjoyed flirting with him while he was here and I'm glad I could help Stephanie out, even though it was something small.

Love and miss you all bunches! MUAH!!!!!
**Christie**

1 comment:

Poopsie said...

I am so glad to hear from you. Your house looks a lot like mine. :)LOL

I hope to see you Memorial Day weekend. Please, do not be a stranger.
Love you, Aunt Cindy :)