Saturday, November 29, 2008

hi all

well since i didnt get a chance to tell everyone at aunt kathys i guess i will post it here so everyone is informed. i have chose the oath of sobriety. i have talked about this with only a few of you. so i went to my first of many many more aa meetings lastnight with grandpa joe and it was great it opened my eyes to what i was missing. i also got a medallion for 24 hours sober. i went to the meeting with an open mind and an open heart. i hope everyone will have an open heart for my decision. prayers are very welcome as well. as i tell you of this i will tell you what made my decision as well. i just feel that over the last couple of years my drinking is getting the best of me and it has gotten me into some trouble that you all know about but i want this for me and any support is very helpful. i have had long talks with my dad and grandpa about this and they both think its a very good idea for me to take charge of this problem before it gets any worse and i end up getting hurt and/or hurting people that i love. i guess thats it for now i will keep my mind and spirit open to god to help me through this struggle. i love you all and god bless

4 comments:

Christie said...

This is an awesome decision Kyle! I will be a supporter and I will keep you in my prayers to help you have the dedication and strength to get through it. You're awesome and I know you can do it! Love you!

Poopsie said...

Kyle, you know how I feel. I will support you, day or night. With prayer, and chats, and hugs, and in whatever other way you need.
I love you, and I am proud of the fact that you stepped up and took control of your life.
Many blessings,
Auntie Cindy :)

DJ said...

YAY KYLE!!!!

though it will be tough at times, i know you can make it through the steps needed to stay sober. i am proud of your decision and wish you the best with it.

Jenn said...

Kyle you have no idea how happy I am to read your blog! I have been hoping and praying that you would come to the decision to get sober, and even though you had to make the decision yourself, I am so happy and grateful for you. IF you need someone to go to a meeting with, you know my number, and if you need help with anything else I've been there. It's a hard journey at first, but just keep looking forward, and you will see how many great prizes you get from being sober. Good Luck, and I love you!