Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Couple Causes

I've found out about a couple websites recently that I want to share with you all because I think they are some great causes.

The first one is To Write Love on Her Arms. This is their mission: "To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery." They are faith based and focus a lot on community and the idea that people need other people.

The second one is Spread the Word to End the Word. The word they mean is the "r-word," or "retarded." This is a word I never use towards another person and I think this cause is a great one. For those of you who knew and loved Dolly, it's a website worth checking out.

I hope everyone is doing fabulously! I miss you all lots and hope to see you soon- if not on my trip home in May, then at Auntie Cindy's party in June!

No comments: