Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A nice weekend

So, I still haven't written my Empty Nest essay. However! I have cleaned up my house and I can finally enjoy being in my "Studio" again. Not so much a sewing room anymore.....though I did sew a little over the weekend!
A couple of nice things happened. One is that Mike and I took some people that he has done work for up on McCullough Mountain (aka Up on Wayne's)Because we took the pickup, I had to ride in the back. Amy Pollack said she can handle the subway (they live in NYC) but she didn't think she was ready for the back of a truck! It was a great ride. You see so much more from back there.

Anyway, the top of Wayne's was amazing! It was cold and clear and just about sunset. I thought I would share a couple of the photos I took:


Bob and Amy Pollack have a great old school house home on the North end of Chelsea. It is filled with some great folk art made by Amy and by Clara Gilman and other locals. Bob is a professor at Columbia. We had a great visit over fruit salad. They loved McCullough Mountain. It's hard to beat the 360 degree view!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Beautiful pictures Mom! Oh how I miss going up there! Maybe next summer I'll have to make a trip up... in the back of the truck if I have to! :)

Beth said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

DJ said...

those are some nice pics!