Tuesday, March 4, 2008

OY from NYC

HEY! So, for this class I am taking at school, we are here in New York City for a field trip to use as an opportunity to collect research from primary resources in the theatre industry. I've been here since Friday and we have seen six shows. We will see thirteen by Sunday, which is when we finally head back. I am having an amazing time--I mean what else would a theatre major want to do with their spring break? It's been really exciting, not only seeing shows but being able to really explore the city in ways I've never been able to do. I've done more than I could ever post here, but here are a few pictures of what I've accomplished.


went to the museum of modern art and saw works by famous artists (starry night by van gogh)


eating a hot dog in central park. yummmm



the friends building (the exterior they show indicating their apartment building)


me on the staten island ferry (lady liberty is somewhere in the background, perhaps behind my big head)

So, that's a sample of what I've done so far. With about six days left, there will be much more, so I'll update you all later when I've had more adventures. love love!

2 comments:

Poopsie said...

Karen,
That is sounding like a dream come true. I have always wanted to travel and see the sights. Tell me how was yuor hotdog? :) I remember when Nate and I went to Boston and saw the Cheers Bar. It was kind of cool.
Have a blast, and keep posting about your adventures. Maybe it will spark some other traveler to do more of the same... Hint hint, Nate. :)

PS the Lady Liberty is to your right, a tiny icon of freedom off in the distance.

Kathy said...

What a treat to get a glimse into your experience in NY. You've earned it Karen! You've worked really hard and I'm so happy that you are enjoying it so much!! I hope you are learning all kinds of new things so that you can guide the next tour of New York. Talk to you soon! Love, MUM