Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What A NIGHT!!!

So I just got home from the emergency room with mom. I've been sick for a couple days, and today was the first day I started to feel better- just in time for my first day at Valley Vista tomorrow. today I met with my mentee for the first time in a couple weeks, went to Grammas, and came home to relax before my big day. But on the way home from good ol' Tunbridge, I felt this pain in my ear-yup you guessed right- AN EAR INFECTION!!! It started around five thirty, and I looked up the symptoms online and was convinced that's what it was. So I told Mom and Dad and they told me to take tylenol and relax. But the pain just kept getting worse and worse.
So long story short- I called Valley Vista to tell them I had to reschedule because I was sick and had an ear infection. After I talked to Josh on the phone I cried for about and hour and felt guilty that I called out my very first day. (after both josh and I told them I have never called out before-only once but because the doctor made me) So I called RB and told him everything and he said that it was good that I called out because people who are in rehab that are drug sick are very vulnerable to viruses and that they would have sent me home anyways.
Mom decided around eight to take me to the hospital because at that point I couldn't hear out of my ear and it was throbbing. I have to admit that I was quite rude to the people there, but I just wanted this throbbing and fog to get out of my ear!!!
I also have to tell you that Mom was NOT happy that she had to bring me there (which is also the same exact senario that happened last time I got an ear infection like ten years ago!) but being the great mom that she is, she did it anyways. So I wrote this entire story just to say that tonight I was reminded about how lucky I am to have a mother who cares enough to take care of her sickly 19 year old daughter, and how blessed I am to have the family that I do!
Oh, and I'm also grateful that I have RB to call when I'm arguing with myself over what is right and wrong.

So now I'm just sitting at home, sucking on goldfish so it won't hurt as much to chew them, and feeling alot better than I did four hours ago!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh goodness! I hope you are feeling better today! Love, Aunt Kathy