Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Shopping Weekend

Well, we had our annual shopping trip this weekend. We went to Burlington this year. Even though we didn't close out the stores as we have in years past, I think we hit everything that was of interest to us. Everyone made fun of me because the only thing I bought was a book for myself and then I managed to lose it when we got back to Kathys. I made her search in the dark and cold and finally drive back down to Moms because I COULD NOT go to bed without reading it. Shopping has changed for me over the years. It used to be that this may be the only time we could get some stuff because the girls were small. Now i can shop for them and be sneaky any time so I find this weekend to be more about spending time with my mom and sisters than trying to fit all my Christmas shopping into one weekend.

4 comments:

Poopsie said...

I always love getting together. It is more about the time together for me than it is about the shopping. I got the most done, I think, but other than that little shop in Greenfield, and maybe that place in West Leb where that cute blonde gay girl works :), I could have shopped here. For me this weekend is about catching up, having time to chat, and to see where we are in our lives.

Truthfully, I want to get away from heavy gifting for the holidays. Stockings are my favorite thing in the world, and need to be filled with wonderful surprises. But, I am talking about under the tree. It just feels, I don't know, unsettling, like when I overeat.

Jenn said...

I'm sorry, am I the cute blong gay girl you're talking about!? lol good to read your post mom, you're so cool

Poopsie said...

You would be, Jenn. :) You were gay that night. It was your day for that.

Jenn said...

OH, yes, now I remember...GAY DAY! haha I'm doing quite well in my book, by the way. Today is...um...oh I dont know...um... OH write a letter to someone so we can meet in ten years blah blah lol. It's difficult to explain